We all know how important it is to keep the information in our accounts up to date. Whether it’s updating our LinkedIn profile to make new connections for a new job. Or changing a profile picture on our Facebook account to look more attractive to our friends, or younger if that’s the case. But mainly we update information not only to keep up with technology; we want to keep in touch. People want to stay connected and be remembered. That’s why it’s important to personalize your account and make all the settings perfect for you.
On previous blog posts you have read how to personalize your account using your Sherish iPhone App. It’s pretty easy, isn’t it? But you may have started to receive a lot of different notifications via email or text messages, and you don’t remember signing up for those emails or texts. The explanation is simple as 2+2. You adapted the settings of your Sherish App, and the App only. But now, since you have the Sherish online account, you have to update it based on your personal preferences. Follow these simple steps to personalize your Sherish online account.
- Open your preferred browser, like Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox
- Type in sherish.com in the address bar and press Enter. The Sherish home page appears.
- Sign in to your online Sherish account. If you didn’t log out from the previous session, click the blue “Timeline” button in the upper right corner to be automatically redirected to your account page.
- When the Timeline page is open, you will see your account’s name and a blue circle that looks like an on/off button (or a blue circle with a sideways capital G) on the upper right corner. Click on it and you will see a drop down-menu with options.
Since you want to personalize your Sherish online account, you should click the first option, “Account.” It has a briefcase icon above it. You will be automatically redirected to the settings page.
- Let’s update your profile information by changing the avatar of your account. Simply point your mouse on the big blue square with a reversed G and you will see “Change” on the bottom on the picture. Click on this option to put your picture as your avatar.
If you accidentally chose the wrong picture, you can easily remove it by clicking the option “Remove” on the bottom of the avatar and choose the new one.
- On the profile page, you can also change the name for your account, add a phone number, and regulate email notifications with the desktop channel. When you are finished updating your profile settings, click the green “Update Profile” button to save the changes.
- As soon as your profile is updated, go to the Account Settings where you can easily update your email and password by typing in new information in the provided empty fields. You can also delete your account on the same page by clicking the red “Delete your Account” button.
- Now it is time to manage your Notification Settings. You can turn on/off your Email Notifications for New Comment, New Sherish, and New Photo. Also you can chose to receive SMS Notifications about a New Photo.
- After making changes in notifications settings, you can adjust Sherish Filters by clicking Auto Actions. These settings allow you to filter photos that are too black, too white, duplicated, and to group photos with tagged persons. You can turn on/off these option depending n your personal needs.
- In the Sherish iPhone App, you have the ability to connect your account with other social media accounts. The External Networks option provides that same opportunity, allowing you to connect your Sherish account with Facebook, Flickr, Google, and Evernote. It also provides you a backup system using Dropbox or Google.
When you are finished with personalizing your Sherish online account, don’t forget to choose your Sherish plan. To choose or change the plan, click on your account’s name on the upper right corner, and click the “Billing” button from the drop-down menu.
You will be automatically redirected to the Subscription Plan page.
Chose the plan that fits you best and enjoy your entire photo gallery at any place and any time with your Sherish online account.