Happy new year! It’s a fresh new year and a time for new beginnings. Blog-wise, it seems to me like the perfect time to talk about what it’s like to get started with the Sherish iPhone app.
The first thing that you do with your new Sherish app is to sign up for an account. All you have to do is type in your first name, last name, email address, and the password you want to use. You start out with a 30-day free trial so you can see all the great features before you pay anything.
Import Camera Roll
Once you have an account, Sherish will help you to import the photos from your iPhone’s camera roll. This means that Sherish gets the photos that you see in your iPhone’s photo gallery and makes a copy of them in your Sherish account. Having a copy in the Sherish cloud gives you several benefits:
- Even if your iPhone gets lost or stole, you can still get to your photos
- You can privately share the photos with your friends
- If you run out of storage space, you can delete the copy of the photos from your camera roll and make room to take more
Centralize all your photos
But your iPhone isn’t the only place online where you have photos. So when you’re setting up your account, Sherish also helps you pull in copies of your photos from Facebook, Google, Evernote, and Flickr. All you have to do is click the icon of the application where you store photos and log in. Sherish will import a copy of your photos from that location. And don’t worry about logging in to your applications through Sherish: Sherish will never post on your behalf.
Once you’ve got your account set up, you’re ready to start trying out all the cool features that Sherish has to offer. Let me give you a quick tour.
When you open Sherish, it starts a carousel of your photos. From here, you can:
- Open the Menu to access the different tools in the app.
- Open your Stations to see your photos grouped together in useful ways.
- Swipe up to Share the photo or swipe down to Delete the photo.
- Tap the photo for more Options.
- Sherish the photo to show that it is one of your favorites.
Open the Menu
The menu is where you can navigate all the features of the Sherish app:
- Go back to the Home screen from wherever you are.
- Use the Timeline to see photos for a particular month and year.
- Browse Albums. You’ll need to set up some albums first, though. Check out the blog post called How to make an album of your kids in the Sherish iPhone app.
- Choose Locations to see your photos organized by the location where they were taken.
- Tap People to see all the photos of a particular person. Of course, you have to tag the people in the photos first. Check out the blog post titled People, locations, and photos…oh my!
- Upload your photos.
- See your trashed photos. Photos on Trash can be deleted from your Sherish account or restored back.
- Need Help? Access the Sherish support site.
- Customize your Settings to change the information in your Sherish account.
Open your Stations
Stations group your photos together in different ways to give you lots of choices on how you view them. For example, you might want to see the photos that have been Sherished the most, or the ones that you added the most recently. Stations are kind of like automatically generated albums.
Swipe up to Share or swipe down to Trash
While you’re viewing a photo, swipe up to share it. Sherish will ask you to enter the contact information of the person to share with. Sherish will then contact that person with a link to the photo. Even people without Sherish accounts can see your shared photos.
You can also swipe down to trash a photo. Trashed photos move to your Trash where you can delete them permanently from your Sherish account or restore them back to where they were before you trashed them.
Tap the photo for more Options
While you’re looking at a photo, you can tap it to show more options at the bottom of the screen. These options let you:
- Sherish the photo.
- Comment on the photo.
- Trash the photo.
- Share the photo.
- Record an Audio Note.
- Add the photo to an Album.
- Tag people in the photo.
- Send the photo to be Printed at an online service.
So if one of your New Year’s resolutions is to take more photos, get yourself a Sherish account so that you can manage, protect, and privately share all those great memories.
You can find more helpful how-tos to help you use the many features of the Sherish photo sharing app by visiting the Sherish Support Site.